Thursday, October 3, 2019

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

I'll be honest, I was skeptical  when I saw this on skinnytaste.com, but I did have cauliflower on hand so tried it for lunch today.  Wow.  I was surprised at how good it was.  You can experiment with seasonings and make it more spicy and interesting if you want to!

Garnished with a bit of fresh rosemary
Creamy Cauliflower Soup

1 T. butter
1 T. flour
4 c. vegetable or chicken broth
1 small onion, chopped
1 head cauliflower, in florets
1/2 T. salt
1/2. t. pepper
(looking for other flavors?  reduce the salt and pepper and use something else.  ideas:  Paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper for a kick.  I added rosemary once and it was fab!)

In a saucepan, melt the butter and combine the flour.  Slowly add the broth. Then add the cauliflower and onion.  Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.  Add the salt and pepper (or other seasonings) and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.

 ----------------------
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup

 Makes 4 servings @ 2 WW points each

No comments:

Post a Comment