Saturday, October 17, 2020

Macadamia Nut Cookies

 I had some macadamia nut pieces laying around and was looking for a way to use them.  I found this at Taste of Home magazine's site.  I was skeptical after the first tray came out more brown than I had wanted but cutting back in the baking time did the trick.   I got about 48 cookies out of this recipe.  Plenty to stick in the freezer for another time!



Macadamia Nut Cookies

2 cup butter, softened

3/4 c. sugar

3/4 c. packed brown sugar (I used light)

2 eggs

1 t. vanilla extract

2 1/4 c. flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt (I used kosher)

7 oz. macadamia nut pieces

2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (other kinds would be fine too)

1 c. white baking chips


Cream together the butter and sugars and until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on medium for 2 minutes.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add it to the mix and beat for 2 minutes.  Stir in the nuts and chips.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. (honestly if the batter is firm already, I'm not sure it is necessary but I did it anyway.)

Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.  The recipe says to bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  I like it better closer to 350 degrees for about 9 minutes.  

Cool for a minute before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment