Saturday, December 2, 2023

Nut, Fruit, and Date Energy Bars

 I stumbled upon this on a health app and gave it a try on a whim.  Super easy!  It takes way longer to clean up the blender than it does to make them.



Nut, Fruit, and Date Energy Bars 

1 c. nuts (I used raw almond for my first go-around)

1 c. dried fruit (cranberries are what I had on hand)

1 c. dried pitted dates

Combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a ball is formed, scraping down the edges when needed. (Full disclosure, a food processor didn't give me the consistency I was looking for so I switched over to my Vitamix blender.  That worked like a charm.)

Place the ball on a piece of wax paper with another piece of wax paper on top.  Press it into a square shape about 6x6 inches.

Wrap the wax paper around the square an pop it in the fridge for a few hours.

Unwrap and cut it into 10-12 mini small bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap.

Store in the fridge.

--------------------------------

c = cup


No comments:

Post a Comment