Saturday, July 5, 2014

Chicken Jalapeno Burgers

I got this recipe from OnceAMonthMeals.com when someone posted a link to Facebook.  Jalapeño anything is hard to resist and I have been waiting for the right time to try it.  Hello 4th of July!   Perfectly spiced fireworks of flavor.   I was surprised by the amount of onions and red pepper flakes in the list of ingredients, but I went with it anyway.  These were POP-U-LAR.   After all the ingredients were mixed, I was able to get 14 quarter pound burgers from this recipe.  We polished off 10 of them at our gathering and I stuck the remaining 4 uncooked burgers between wax paper and in a freezer bag so we can enjoy them another time.  Can't wait until that day!



Chicken Jalapeño Burgers

3 lbs. ground chicken
1 1/4 c. white onion, diced
1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped ( I didn't have enough in my garden, so I used a combo of cilantro and flat leaf parsley)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, diced ( I used a really good sized one but removed all the seeds and most of the ribs)
2 t. dried cumin
2 t. dried paprika
2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Guacamole for topping


Using you hands, mix together all (EXCEPT the guacamole) in a bowl.  Divide mixture into the portion size you prefer and form patties.    Grill over medium high grill.  Don't flip until they no longer stick to the grate.  I am sure your grill master will know just how to do them.

Put the patty on a bun and top with a dollop of your favorite guacamole.

-------------------------------
Comments:
lbs = pounds
t = teaspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment