Sunday, March 12, 2017

Deli Turkey Breast in the slow cooker

I saw this recipe on line a couple of years ago and wanted to give it a try.  Problem was I couldn't find boneless turkey roast at the local grocery store.  Well, they finally had them!  The original recipe called for 2 roasts in a crockpot, but I just used one in a small crockpot to try it out.  You choose how much you want to make.   Another thing I will mention is that I used a meat slicer to get thin slices.  I got one as a shower gift decades ago and thought, "'Do I even need a meat slicer?"  Turns out I did.  It's one of those things I would have never bought on my own and I don't use very often, but man, I really love it when I use it!

Here is the recipe for my version using one roast.


 Deli Turkey Breast
1 frozen boneless turkey breast (like Butterball), about 3 lbs, slightly defrosted (1-2 days in the fridge)
1 T. Emeril's Cajun Seasoning (previous recipe) or any other seasoning you would like.


Remove the breast from the packaging, discard the gravy package, and remove the layer of skin and fat with a knife.

Place the breast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the breast all over with the seasoning.  You DO NOT add any liquid! This is all you have to do!

Cover with the lid and cook on high.  The recipe for 2 breasts said it would take 4 to 4 1/2 hours.   Mine only took about 3 hours in the small slow cooker.  I used a meat thermometer to make sure it was done.







Cool it completely.  I put it in the fridge overnight and then sliced it in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment