Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hot Chocolate Mix

Thanks to my friend Beth, I now have a super great make-yourself hot chocolate mix recipe!  No more Swiss Miss here.   Elly, I will think of you every time I have a cup.  My daughter is a big fan of hot chocolate and I just made a batch of this for her to have at college for those chilly days.  I suspect she will be asking me to mail more very soon.

Feeling adventurous?  Try subbing a dark chocolate hot chocolate mix for the Nesquik or use a flavored creamer to make a mix all your own.

(Dark chocolate and peppermint flavored creamer?  Hello, Christmas!)


Hot Chocolate Mix
25-26 oz. box of non-fat dry milk
1 lb. powdered sugar
6 oz. non-dairy creamer
18-19 oz. container of Nesquik

Mix together and store in an air tight container.

Stir 1/4 cup mix to 1 cup of hot water.

Top with marshmallows or whipped cream if you feel fancy.

----------------------------------
oz = ounce
lb = pound




No comments:

Post a Comment