Monday, April 16, 2018

One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta

I saw this link on facebook from damndelicious.net and gave it a try because it was easy with simple, fresh ingredients.  With a website like that, who could go wrong?  I will be making this again.  I threw in some fully-cooked, quartered homestyle meatballs to make a meal out of it the first time.  In Oct 2021, I added chicken breast, peas and mushrooms.  Awesomeness.  Or Shrimp...so many options.  See my suggested optional ingredients.  Seriously bordering on required.

One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta

1 T. olive oil (I used garlic parmesan olive oil for extra flavor)
4 cloves garlic, minced (I like garlic so do 5)
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. milk
2 T. butter
8 oz. fettuccine (Spaghetti works, too, but don't cook it as long)
1/3 c. shredded parmesan (Be good to yourself, don't use the kind in the green canister.  Use fresh)
2 T. fresh chopped parsley (I used 4-5.  I like herbs!)
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Optional: 8 oz. mushrooms, roughly chopped, 1 Italian flavored chicken breast or chopped meatballs or cooked shrimp, cooked and diced, 1/2 c. peas


In a large skillet, heat olive oil.  Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.  Stir in broth, milk, butter and pasta.  Add the optional mushrooms now if you are choosing to use them.   Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 18-20 minutes for fettuccini, until pasta is tender.  Thin spaghetti will take about 10 minutes.  Stir occasionally.  In the last couple minutes, add 15-20 twists for freshly ground pepper and crushed red pepper.  Also add the peas and chicken or meatballs, if you choose.  I chose.  Stir to combine everything.

Sir in the parmesan cheese and parsley.   Season with coarse salt and more turns of freshly cracked pepper.  Got hot pepper flavored olive oil?  Drizzle now.



-----------------------

T = tablespoon
c = cup
oz = ounce

No comments:

Post a Comment