Thursday, September 17, 2020

Thai Pork Shredded Tacos with Sriracha Slaw

 Yum, Yum, Yum.  This would be good at any time of year.  I used a bargain pork loin instead of the pork tenderloin and it turned out great!  I think it came from EatingWell magazine (?).  Top the tacos with the delish slaw.  I used my Cilantro Lime Rice recipe from October 2017 as a side.  It will make enough for at least 2 dozen tacos.


Thai Pork Shredded Tacos

2 16-oz pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat (I used about 3 lbs pork loin, trimmed)

1/4 c. lime juice

1/4 c. soy sauce

2 T. honey

2 T. grated fresh ginger

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 t. crushed red pepper

tortillas (corn or flour, you choose)

Put meat in a slow cooker.  (I cut my pork loin into 4 pieces.)  

Combine lime juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and red pepper.  Pour over the meat.

Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Remove the meat to shred and then put back in the slow cooker and stir into the sauce in the cooker to moisten.


Sriracha Slaw

3 c. packaged coleslaw mix

1 1/2 c. finely shredded or chopped red cabbage

3/4 c. snipped fresh cilantro

3/4 c. mayo

3 T. sriracha sauce

3 cloves garlic, minced

salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  



No comments:

Post a Comment