Saturday, May 8, 2021

Pork Egg Rolls

 I'm going to try to do more posts about what I have done with leftovers.  Do not throw food away! Transform them into something totally new!

One night, I made a Smithfield Mesquite flavored pork loin.  Since there are only 2 of us, and after the hubby took some for lunch, I had about 3/4 lb. left.

This is what I did with it and it was awesome!


Pork Egg Rolls

3/4 lb. leftover Mesquite seasoned pork loin, diced in chunks

1 bag coleslaw with red cabbage and carrot mix (I got mine from Trader Joe's) 

1 green onion, chopped

1/2 c. peas

2 T. vegetable oil

sesame oil

Sauce

1 t. rice wine vinegar

1 clove minced garlic

3 T. hoisin sauce

3 T. soy sauce

1 t. chili garlic paste

Eggroll wrappers

oil for frying

Whisk the the sauce ingredients together and set aside.

Pulse the pork loin in a food processor until it is smaller pieces.

Saute the coleslaw mix in the vegetable oil for several minutes until it is softened.  Add the garlic, peas, green onion, and pork.

Then toss in the sauce and cook until the liquid is absorbed.  (You don't want a soggy roll!)

Wet the edges of an eggroll wrapper.  Put 1/3 c. or so the wrapper diagonally.  Fold over one corner, then the ends, and roll to seal.   Repeat to finish all of the egg rolls.  I got about 10 total.

You could spray these with oil and bake them, but I preferred to splurge and added an inch or so of oil to a cast iron skillet and heated it to about 350 degrees.  I fried mine about 2 minutes on each side and they were delightful.





----------------------

lb = pound

t = teaspoon

T = tablespoon



No comments:

Post a Comment