Monday, May 5, 2014

Banana Bread

I do like Banana Bread.    I think the key to a moist banana bread is making sure you have enough bananas--ripe, squishy bananas.  I also like the added nutmeg to this recipe.  It's like you're getting a warm hug in every bite.

You'll see that I have ounces noted in this recipe.  I use a measuring scale often.  If you don't have a kitchen scale, think about getting one.  I love mine! 

I almost always make my banana bread with bananas that I have put in the freezer.  When your bananas are overripe and you don't have time to eat them or make bread, simply peel them and throw them in a baggie in the freezer.  When you want to make bread, just thaw them and use them in the recipe.  When they thaw, there will be a lot of liquid.  Don't worry--just weigh the juice with the bananas and toss them in the mix. 



Banana Bread

1 stick butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. honey
2 eggs
12 oz really ripe banana, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups.  usually 3-4 bananas)
2 C. whole wheat flour (8-10 oz)

Beat together the butter, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
Add honey, eggs and bananas and beat together
Add flour and mix slowly.

Pour in a greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.  Tent with tin foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

----------------------
Comments:
c = cup
t = teaspoon





No comments:

Post a Comment