Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Black-eyed Pea Salsa

We call this Dawn's salsa in our house because that is where I got the recipe, but I am pretty sure she got it from Pampered Chef.    It's obviously meant to be served with tortilla chips, but it's good enough to eat alone as a salad.  I admit it.  I did it.  And I would do it again.


Black-eyed Pea Salsa
1 can (15 oz) Southern-Style pre-seasoned black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1/2 c chopped red pepper
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 c sliced green onions with tops, sliced
1 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 c frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/3 c Italian Salad Dressing (or make your own like I did-see my Italian Dressing Recipe)
1/4 t hot sauce

Combine all ingredients and mix gently  Refrigerate 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend.

----------------------------
Comments:
c = cup
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon

If you can't find the pre-seasoned southern style black eyed peas, you can use plain black eyed peas and extra seasoning.

If you don't want to use canned beans, you can use dried and prepare per the package.






No comments:

Post a Comment