Sunday, December 27, 2020

Danish Marinated Cucumber Salad


This Christmas, I wanted to try a few more Scandinavian inspired dishes.  I found this Cucumber Salad recipe in a Scandinavian Gatherings book that tasted just like my childhood at Grandma's.  It seemed like these were on the table for every meal back in the day.  No, I'm not complaining.  I like their vinegary crispness.






Danish Marinated Cucumber Salad

2 large English cucumbers, thinly sliced (I used a mandolin with the thin blade)

1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced (again, I used a mandolin)

pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper

1/3 c. water

1/3 c. sugar

1/3 c. white vinegar


Put the cucumbers and onions in a bowl and season with the salt and pepper.

Combine the water, sugar, and vinegar in a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.   Pour it over the cucumbers and onions and toss lightly.

Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.  

I drained it a bit before serving.

----------------------------------------------

c = cup

No comments:

Post a Comment