Sunday, December 20, 2020

Ranch Pretzels

My mother-in-law used to make these and I never got the recipe from her before she passed.  A little google search lead me to the one I think she probably used as I know hers used the Orville Redenbacher oil.  

They remind me of being at their cabin at Christmas time with the wood stove keeping the place warm.  Once mixed, they were always stored in the big clear plastic barrel that the Utz pretzels came from.  They must have made a Sam's Club run to get the pretzels because that was one big a$$ barrel.  Even still, they didn't last long.


Ranch Pretzels

32 oz. pretzels (I used sticks)

1 16 oz. Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil (this was alot.  You can probably get by with 12-13 oz if you wanted to save some for popcorn)

1 oz. Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing dry mix

2 t. dill weed

1 t. garlic powder

Mix the oil, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder.   Pour of the pretzels in a really big bowl and stir to coat really well.  Transfer them to a big container that you can seal.  

Toss the pretzels every couple of hours to coat them well and oil is mostly absorbed.

The original recipe says no baking was required but by the next morning, they were still really oily. So, I put them on a couple of sheet pans and baked them at 250 for 1 hour and tossed every 15 minutes.  That dried them out and they were good to go!  That is why I am saying that you could probably use less oil than called for.



No comments:

Post a Comment