Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Balsamic Cauliflower

If your house is like mine, people have a tendency to turn up their noses at cauliflower.

I found this recipe for Cauliflower 'wings'  on several sites.  We tried it and it was really tasty.  I'm torn, though, over its billing.  I am just not sure I would call it an appetizer.  It seems more like a side dish to me.  With what?  Hmmm…I see this with a grilled chicken breast or salmon, perhaps.

I did alter the recipe a bit to accommodate whole wheat flour.




Balsamic Cauliflower
1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed to smaller 'nuggets'
1/2 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. honey
2 T. soy sauce ( or maple syrup if gluten free)
1 glove crushed garlic
1 t. salt
1 t. fresh rosemary, minced
fresh cracked pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix balsamic, honey, soy, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Whisk together flour and milk.

Coat cauliflower in flour and milk batter.

Bake 15-20 minutes.

Pour balsamic mix over cauliflower.  Bake 5 more minutes.  Flip cauliflower and bake another 5 minutes.

The end!

--------------------------
Comments:
c = cup
t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon





No comments:

Post a Comment