Friday, April 25, 2014

Bread -- Bread Machine/Oven

Even after I posted the 'Whole Wheat Bread -- Bread Machine' recipe, I continued to experiment to find just the right one.  And by golly, I think I found the right method to the madness.   This original recipe came from Taste Of Home and was tweaked a bit by my Facebook friend Mandie.  I must say, she came up with a winner.

Like I said in my other bread post, the Whole Wheat Bread was a dense bread.  And, I admitted that sometimes I just like a squishy bread.  Plus, the slices in the bread machine were just soooo tall once it was done!

I know using a bread flour/wheat flour blend isn't as good as 100% whole wheat, but it's just so tasty.  And with that super short ingredient list, it is still way better than the store bought breads.  So, I feel good about it.

Using the bread machine to mix and raise the dough and the oven to bake it is pure genius.    I'm gonna stick with this one for a good long while.  Added bonus--this makes TWO loaves!  As long as your bread machine can handle the amounts, of course.  If not, be flexible, grab your calculator and adjust the amounts.  No 'knead' to fret.  



Bread -- Bread Machine and Oven Combo

3 c. bread flour (or 15 oz. by weight)
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (or 8 oz by weight)
2 1/4 t. salt
3 T. oil (I use a walnut oil or coconut oil heated to liquid form)
1/4 c. honey
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 c wam milk
3/4 c. warm water
1 T + a bit less than 1/2 t. dry active yeast

Use your bread machine dough settings to mix and rise.  

Once this is done, remove it from the bread machine and split it in 2 equal portions.  Punch each down a bit.  Place each 1/2 in it's own greased bread pan.  Let it rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes or so.  Maybe a bit longer.  You be the judge.

Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes.

---------------------------
Comments:
c = cup
t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon

I use King Arthur flours.



No comments:

Post a Comment