Monday, April 7, 2014

Pan Asian Noodles

I made up this recipe after we had lunch at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort at DisneyWorld.   I am sure there is an official recipe for this somewhere out there but I like winging it.

I cheated and used a bottled pad thai sauce that I had in the fridge and wanted to use up.  Shame on me.  But it it LOADED with veggies, so I'm okay with my choices.    I'll come up with a homemade sauce next time.  Promise.




Pan Asian Noodles

About 4 cups veggies.  I used:
  • zucchini, cut in thin sticks
  • carrot, cut in thin sticks
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
  • Broccoli, chopped
  • 1 red pepper, sliced or diced
  • 1 green pepper, sliced or diced
  • sugar snap peas, cut in chunks
  • 4-6 oz mushrooms, sliced
6 oz whole wheat soba noodles, cooked according to package directions
Chopped garlic
Pad Thai sauce
Soy sauce
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped

Optional add-ins:  Chicken or shrimp

Stir fry all veggies with a bit of oil in a wok or large pan.  Add garlic.  Add the soba noodles.  Toss in the pad thai sauce and soy sauce per your personal preference.   Top with chopped cilantro.

Grab your chopsticks and enjoy!

--------------------------------------
Comments:
This can be easily reduced or expanded depending on how many are at your table.   
You can also add more noodles if you want it noodly-ier.  That's a word, right?





No comments:

Post a Comment